Thursday, October 15, 2015

Isn't It Ironic...

I am a lover, not a fighter. Honestly. I might think some non-lover thoughts quite often, but I rarely act on them. But if I'm challenged to a fight that I'm not starting - it's go time. I'm not strong. I completely lack upper body strength. (Probably shouldn't admit this publicly in case I should encounter anyone who reads this in a non-lover kind of way...) That being said, what I lack in strength I make up for in ferociousness. This kitty's got claws.

I almost made it home yesterday without any incidents. The Bellevue College area was rather uneventful. Perhaps I need to stalk their class schedule. Clearly Wednesdays don't have as many evening classes as Tuesday.

At the bottom of 164th, the climb before I get to the top of Lakemont, there's a three way stop sign. This stop sign is along SE Newport Way - which is NOT a fun stretch on my commute. There's no bike lane, it's windy, and the cars tend to pass me with no sight line. Meaning there's often a car coming towards them mid passing, forcing them to get dangerously close to me.



As I'm approaching the three way stop, I usually take the road in order to prevent cars from hitting me or pushing me into the ditch. I didn't take the road yesterday because there was a string of cars in front of me waiting at the stop sign and I figured no one would be stupid enough to pass me while there were cars approaching from the other side. I was wrong.

Not 30 feet from the stop sign, I was passed by this car.


Anyone spot the irony?

This picture kind of gives you an idea of what this intersection looks like (albeit blurry):


There's a bus stop, there are hedges, and there's a three way stop sign ahead. Not the smartest place to pass anyone. Yet, somehow this car with a BIKE RACK passes me right here. Good thing I am a lover and not the alternative because not only did I catch up with this moron, but we both had to wait for three cars at the stop sign.

I bet the driver of this car was happy she passed me so she could gain that nano second. The only thing that would have made this more ironic would have been bikes on that rack. Road bikes.

This morning was good. Nothing to report. My extra lights make a huge difference in visibility. Now I only need a couple more flashies in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment