Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I'm A Hungry Hippo



I'm a bottomless pit. Of hunger. I am hungry. All the time. Mostly for carbs, but I'm not picky.

I don't know if this is healthy or not since this is uncharted terrain for me. I suppose it's natural to be hungry when I'm biking as much as I am doing these days, but this constant hunger is new.

I hope it will pass or I'm afraid I will swell up like this:



If this were to happen, I fear two things

1) I doubt my clothes will grow with me, unless it's super fantastic spandex
2) I won't find a bike that's big enough

Now that I'm biking every day, there's a constant stream of issues that pop up. Yes, I'm in healthcare, so some of these things - like nutrition, shouldn't be such enigmas. But I'm not a dietitian and I have never worked out before in my life, so I don't know what my body needs pre or post biking. Everything I've learned so far I've amassed from web searching or asking others.

I know that my body needs carbs, lots of carbs, prior to biking 100+ miles the following day, or a strenuous 60+ miles. I know I needs liquids during a ride that lasts longer than an hour or I will suffer headaches or fatigue the next day.

I also know that biking when I have my period sucks for one reason in particular. If you don't want to know the particulars on this topic, please skip this paragraph. Now, I don't usually have a problem with chaffing, but when I have to wear pads I do. Something gets pinched and it's NOT pleasant. Don't know how to avoid this and not biking is not an option. If anyone has a solution to this, I'd be interested to know.

This morning's commute was mostly nice. Great transition. You're welcome. The only thing that wasn't nice was a car that gave me zero space on the bridge by Bellevue College. And it wasn't as if he didn't see me since he was waiting to turn right by the light and he had to wait for me to pass. My guess is he was pissed that he had to wait for MY green light. I passed his car later in the parking lot, thought about doing something to it - like write "3 feet" in mud on the door, but decided against it since I'm a nice person. All right, I'm not that nice, but I wasn't about to get off my bike to commit vandalism.

I can't write anymore because I need to eat something.

No comments:

Post a Comment