Tuesday, September 29, 2015

For Auld Lang Syne

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
 


The time has come to swap out Bluebell for another bike. As I was doing Kitsap Color Classic this weekend, I could really feel the misfit of my current bike. The frame is too big, making it close to impossible to find a comfortable position. My team member, Dave, said he could tell that I was uncomfortable.

I've found a new bike. It's still a Cannondale but one with better parts. It's got 105s instead of Tiagra, which I was used to from my old bike the Raleigh. I'm excited about the prospect of not having shoulder pain anymore, but oddly sad-ish about trading in the bike I was so thrilled about some short weeks ago.

Melodramatic much? Nah. With the new bike, I'm looking forward to biking the shit out of every road within a 200 mile radius - and beyond.

Bye, bye, Bluebell

No comments:

Post a Comment