|Unless I'm wearing this, don't race me|
In my experience, nothing good comes from anything that has "hipster" in its description. The above proves my point. UD goes on to say:
CAT 6 races are often started by testosterone-pumped mountain bikers trying to pass roadies or roadies who are horrified that a girl on a beat down huffy is pasing them going up hill.
Based on this definition, I am not a CAT 6er, but it's clear I am the vicitm of CAT 6'ing. Since I'm the girl on the beat down huffy, it's pretty likely that this is what's going on.
However, there are rules to CAT 6 or SCR (Silly Commuter Racing), and if everyone can abide by these I have no problems with it.
• No Dangerous Manoeuvres – Don’t be a danger to any other road users or yourself. Falling off causes pain to you and others around you, don’t do it! (oh and you lose yer points)
• Don’t ride like a fool, we’re all just trying to get somewhere!
• No passing at Lights/Junction/Crossings, if you do, it doesn’t count
• All passing on open road ONLY. Filtering in traffic is null and void (you know whether you’ve dropped someone fairly, and haven’t turned off straight afterwards)
• Pavement passes, either you or the target, are void
• Show no pain, unless your face is just like that
Or perhaps more correctly: MEN.
|My kind of neighbor|
Neighbor: “So I guess you’re not going to the neighborhood watch meeting again tonight?”
Me: “When is it?”
Neighbor: “At 8:00. Are you coming this time?”
Me: “No. I just wanted to know the best time to rob all your houses.”
Me: “Not yours though.”
Me: “Dude. I’m just kidding.”
Neighbor: *nervous laughter* “Well I thought so but it’s kind of hard to tell with you sometimes.”
Me: “I meant I’m just kidding about not robbing your house.”
Me: “That was a joke too.”
Neighbor: “I have to go now.”
Me: “Cool. Leave your door unlocked if you don’t want me to break a window.”
Me: *sigh* “Nothing“.