Monday, February 15, 2016

The Human Kite/Tumbleweed And Do You Want Fries With That?

Flawed physics
Ever since I watched Mary Poppins fly away with her umbrella, I've been curious as to what it would feel like to fly. Well, today I almost got my wish granted.

The gusts of wind hit me at 15 mph and that might not seem very bad but when that wind hits you sideways it's no joke. It got particularly hairy going down 164th - between the slick road and the wind that threatened to blow me down the slope like human tumbleweed, I came close to regretting riding in today.

Half of the gusts almost pushes me down the hill side and the other half would have lifted me off the ground had I had an umbrella. Good thing I don't have a bike like +Kentucky Bikes.

Mark this day in your calendar: Nick Allard was right. All though, at this point the fault is entirely mine when he's not.
It's an addiction by now
It's official: I've seen a lot of strange things in the road but this might be the strangest thing yet - unwrapped in the middle of the bike lane were to fish fillets that were so stinky I could smell them as I was biking passed the road sashimi buffet.
Do you want fries with that?
Those fish fillets gave me a good chuckle. What didn't give me a chuckle at all was that smashed bottle that was strewn all over the bike lane. I stopped immediately after I had run over most of it and swept my tires of any debris. Hopefully that took care of it. I just cannot handle any more flats yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment