Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Hello From The Other Side

I've finally done it - the scale is approaching the right side of the magical number and I'm a mere 5 lbs away from my goal. Not sure if I even need to get there since biking has made my physique tighter so my clothes fit like they used to before I became a fatty. Unfortunately I won't be able to flaunt this fine bod as planned this holiday season due to a canceled Christmas party. Don't these people know how much work I've put into looking this good?

Speaking of parties and food, I haven't changed my eating habits one bit. I still love my junk food and my carbs and not planning on replacing any of it with "healthy" food. After all, this was the reason why I started biking in the first place - to be able to eat what I want without expanding horizontally. My love for chips and potatoes runs deep and it's real and it's everlasting. Fortunately for me, my love for biking now runs equally deep.

Don't want to look like this
I might start going to the gym on the weekends. Never been a fan of gyms and my two careers as a bodybuilder lasted for about a week respectively. The only time in my life when I've been dedicated to goal oriented training was prior to passing the fitness test for the academy, but that was out of necessity not for pleasure/insanity. Lately I've been debating going to the gym because I'm no longer able to do my weekend centuries for the time being and also because I completely lack upper body strength these days. It's actually bordering on ridiculous and I don't want to be disproportionate in the sense that I'm all leg muscle and all wet noodle above my waist. Kind of like an upside down Popeye. Only time will tell if I am serious about the gym thing though. Given my track record I wouldn't hold my breath, but never say never.

Next thing you know, I'll be like this:



I don't know why I find this so funny but I do. Perhaps it's because I find all things German funny. It's like I'm making up for the lack of humor in the German population.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'll be taking the rest of the week off from blogging as I literally have bigger fish to fry. Hopefully I'll be able to get at least one bike ride in between now and Monday. Lastly, if you missed this from SNL, you should watch it. Happy Turkey Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment