Friday, January 29, 2016

I'm In A Pooh Kind Of Mood

Friday!
I'm getting sick. Which sucks because I had planned on riding my first weekend ride of 2016 this weekend. But not feeling completely ok makes for great pondering and dreaming conditions, so right now I'm sitting here, staring at the list of Cascade rides this year. I'm wondering if I can do the Red-Bel in one day back AND forth. Technically the ride is only one way, but I was thinking that I could bike up to Bellingham, turn around, and bike back home again. This would make for an excellent test for the Seattle to Portland ride a month later.

The only argument against doing this ride is the Chuckanut Drive portion of it. Chuckanut Drive is the final stretch of the ride and it's awful. I've biked to Bellingham twice and both times I almost died on that stretch. From heart attacks. Not really, but I was terrified the entire time I biked on that road. There's no shoulder and no ditch, just mountain side, and the road is windy. I fucking hate that road.

Chuckanut Drive

The straightest part of the road
Other than this road, the ride up to Bellingham is beautiful, so maybe I'll just ride up to Chuckanut and turn around.

But I digress.. first step is to get over this whatever-it-is fast, then I can start planning longer weekend rides.

This sounds about right
I bought a new light yesterday, but it's too early to tell if it's good or not. It's the
Cygolite Dash 350, but it doesn't seem bright enough. I turned the angle of the Cygolite 500 down a bit and it seems to do a much better job at lighting up the road.

Happy Friday and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment