Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Contemplating One's Navel Only Gets A Person A Face Full Of Lint

I've been a bit of a Debbie Downer as of late, and that shit's gotta stop.
How you tell you're done contemplating your navel
This morning on my commute I was reminded of why I'm riding my bike instead of the car to work.
Paradise on earth
When I was younger I was an avid skier. Not downhill as much as cross country. I tell you, there's nothing quite like the feeling of calm and tranquility that hits you when there's nothing but you, crisp, white snow that go on for miles and miles, fresh, cool air that carries with it the smell of freedom. This morning's commute took me back to that place. The cool air that surrounded me as I was biking passed Bellevue College was almost exactly like that air from my childhood, and I was immediately calmer by about 50 degrees.

The rain has stopped for now, which makes for a much more enjoyable commute. I might even go for a ride this weekend. All though, my calendar is filling up quickly with life stuff.

I'm a thinker with a hint of an introvert and a dash of over analyzing and just a sprinkle of sarcasm. You didn't see that one coming, right? I'm a special donut. I have a tendency to think myself into a corner, which means I have to sit there until the thinking paint dries. Sometimes I only have to sit there for a short time, other times I remain in my corner for a good while. That all depends on what type of paint I used.

Seems I used the quick-drying kind this time around, and besides contemplating my navel only gets my face full of lint.

The home situation is what it is for now and thank you for valuable input. Here's a selection:



Dan
 
Chuckle
Josh
Mark
Afte I've had a good think, I feel like this scene from Love Actually, when you've said what you have to say and no matter what the outcome, you are ok with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment