Monday, March 21, 2016

Two down, Four To Go

I had interview one and two of four last Friday and was offered both jobs - which leaves me in several predicaments. I'll get to those shortly but first - interviews! They are the worst! I've been on both sides of the process and I get why there has to be form questions, but that doesn't mean they're not stupid.

Hall of fame:

What’s your greatest weakness?
Where do you see yourself in five years?
With all the talented candidates, why should we hire you?
If you were a [can of soup, species of animal, etc.] which one would you be?

After a change of jobs became a reality, I had a good think over the weekend. The thing is, I feel bad. I feel bad about wanting to leave. My manager is going out in maternity leave shortly and I know I will stress her out in a big way if I give notice now. She might go into premature labor because of it.

But the thing is, she isn't much of a manager. She's a good person but managing isn't her strong suit. Remember my coworker who gets away with murder? That shit is still going on strong and it's getting really old now.

Look, I know there really isn't such a thing as The Perfect Job, so what it comes down to is whether the positives outweigh the negatives. And in many ways, such is the case with my current job. The job in and of itself is a breeze. I could do it with my eyes closed. My coworkers are fine the majority of the time, I've never had a conflict with anyone here (they are way too passive aggressive anyway for that to happen), and they pay me well.

I'm full of First World problems these days, aren't I.

Speaking of problems, the rain is back.

After having biked in short sleeves however briefly, it was a little tough to return to full rain gear this morning. Fuck rule #5. It sometimes just sucks to ride my bike in pouring rain. My right knee has started hurting a little again, so I'm riding on an easier gear these days.

I also just missed the drug party in our building garage. I arrived just as the cops did their whole party pooper act and used handcuffs in the non-fun way on two of the party goers. Turns out our building garage is on the hot list of places to shoot up and party the night/life away in. Another benefit of biking to work: I'm never in the garage. I should add that to the list of benefits.

Tomorrow is my third interview for the Star Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment