Tuesday, March 8, 2016

What A Difference A Day Makes

While cold, this morning's ride in was nothing short of terrific. I even heard birds chirping. Usually a sound that annoys me but today it added to the wonder. Don't worry, I haven't gone all Polyanna on the world, but I am acknowledging a perfect moment in time. I have far too much rage in me to spin everything in a positive way.
My emotions this morning
The only thing subtracting from my ride was the asshat fellow bike commuter who - surprise! - surfaced as the rain paused for a while. Per usual he zoomed passed me with about a foot's clearance. As a measure of how perfect the morning was, I didn't take up chase to punch him off his bike. Had his bike been a nicer bike, maybe, but being the clunker it is I lacked motivation to exert the excess energy.

On a random note; why do people assume Pepsi is an acceptable substitute to Coke? I would rather accept urine before I accept Pepsi as a replacement for anything. Pepsi tastes like ass. Don't ask me how I know. But it really does. And while there might be a time and a place for its taste twin, there is absolutely no reason to have a meal with a side of ass. No.



Phew! That was a close one! I almost became cheerful for a moment there. Emergency avoided.

But judging by the weather, I suspect someone heard me complaining the other day and wants me to keep biking. Or most likely, it's a big, fat coincidence. Whatever it is, I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment